Skip to main content

Christmas stuff and a 2020 reset

Hello readers and happy Christmas!


Did you get all the presents from your list? If you did that means you’ve been a good boy or girl during this terrible 2020, if not, don’t worry, you’ll have 364 days more to try it again 😉


Today has been my second CFM (Christmas Food Marathon) and I still don’t know how I survived to it: two days at my husband’s village is like a week in a hotel with full food included, trust me, I don’t know how we can eat so much. 


By the way, this year has been a little bit different from last 2019 Christmas, the first thing was the fact we were fewer people at the table although this time has been so fun as the last year, so this is a great point for 2020. 

And the second and the one I most liked was we didn’t dress fancy as if we were in a ceremony, so we can start a new tradition in our family: wear the most ridiculous or cute jersey with a Christmas style as did my sister in law and her family. 


Every year we used to wear a fancy dress to look fabulous but to be honest, this year we were stunning without all this stuff 😏 so let’s make people dress comfortable instead of fashionable. 

This last thing is something I’ve learnt during this weirdo year: comfortability. 


During the lockdown, we were forced to live the same day every day, like happened to Bill Murray in Groundhog Day so we have learned how to wear for different situations at home, as due as is not the same to work in pyjamas than to work wearing comfortable clothes as if you were wearing the pyjamas. 


I’ve never worried about these things until I had to be productive at home during these months, it’s unbelieve how our attitude changes when we dress up to the moment we need to live. 


Another thing I’ve learnt is to appreciate the simple things, like a walk in the mountain. It was terrible the first day when our President told to all of us we couldn’t go to the street neither to do sport. 

I don’t have a sporting spirit but I really enjoy long walks in nature, just to walk and see the trees, listen to the different kind of birds singing or just see how happy are my dogs running without the leash, these things make me the happiest girl of the world, and suddenly our government forbade us to enjoy these moments.


Even I couldn’t go for a ride!


The main reason was so logical and must be respected: our hospitals were full of people dying for this f*** virus and other illnesses. 



This 2020 has been a year to forget but we can’t because we need to learn in order to avoid repeating again this terrible situation. 

So after many years without doing this, this is the year I’ve started another tradition: write my new’s year goals. 


I don’t want impossible things that I’ll give up in a few weeks, neither I need more electronic gadgets in my house, all I want for this 2021 are small things to get my life richer, in a healthy sense. 


This 2021 I want to go for long walks in the mountain, drive my car into the mountainous places were to get lost from my fears, to show my dogs how beautiful is our island and let them listen to new species of birds and smell new odours.



I want to improve my English to write better posts and encourage more people to try it and write in the language they want to learn.


Get stronger and fitter to be able to ride more confident my Royal Enfield, I want to enjoy the routes in the great company of my husband and my father meanwhile I listen in my mind the song “Boys are back in town” because every time we take a ride it sounds like this great song.


This 2020 has been a year to learn, we have passed the most difficult exam of our life: our brain and us, it hasn’t been a good year for everyone, fortunately for some people have been the year of their lifes and they could write a book or achieve their biggest goal, instead of for other people, I include myself in this second group, this has been a terrible year, days of waking up with no sense and no reason to get up, days without a purpose in life but right now, meanwhile I’m writing my last post, I’m conscious about how much I’ve matured, maybe I’m not as stronger as I wanted, but I have new subjects I’ve passed and I’ve met myself better than ever.


So I wish for this 2021 to keep learning but in a different way, like the first group of people who found the inspiration in the lockdown.


Have you done your goals list? I just hope you could achieve all your goals during this next 2021.



Read you next year,



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with technologies

  Hello readers! Winter is not coming, winter has arrived and has come like a hurricane… Brrr…! What’s the topic of the day? Life with technology. Before I met my husband I was like a boomer with technology, even for many years I used old and unfashioned mobiles without Whatsapp (Oh dude, that were really good times!). I didn’t know about smartwatches or personal assistants like Alexa. The only thing I own was an iPad and it was really useful because I bought it when I was living in Madrid and then moved to Ireland, so I kept in touch with my family through this device. And a few months of our marriage came to our house the first Alexa. Alexa is a voice-controlled intelligent personal assistant service, you can ask it orders like turn the lights on or to listen to music apart of a lot of things. This device changed the perception of new technologies I used to have, as I thought the robots will dominate the world and we will live like in the Sci-Fi films where humans are poor slaves of

A method to organize your life in 2021

  Hello readers and Happy New Year! What's your 2021 like? I hope you've had a good start! I have been a diary writer lover since I was a child who used to write in personal diaries, it is a way to express my feelings, to clarify ideas and a way to keep memories forever.       Even as an adult I continue to write about my feelings, about how to solve certain situations such as work change or simply to clarify my mind.      If I have learned something very important during this last 2020, it was writing about everything:  Things that are hurting me. Organize my economy.  The clothes I have, and how many times have I worn them. Everything that'll help me improve my life.      A lot of years ago, I didn't write about all these things, I didn't even use an agenda so my daily routine was different depending on my mood, and to be honest, discipline isn't one of my best friends, so I got into trouble constantly, felt like it was a disaster and my life was so hard that

A little bit of Irish stories and Ireland history

Hello readers, if is someone reading this! How is going your quarantine time? Mine is not as productive as I’ve imagined, but some days are better than others, so let’s enjoy the good days. Today I haven’t done too much but I have watched a lot of contents, first of all let me explain that I love watching documentaries and more over to listen to podcasts, this last is something new for me, actually I began to listen to podcasts about one and half year ago. My favourite topics are crime stories, reviews and information about films and history. A few days ago I listened to a podcast about the arrival of the Irish to America, a podcast made by The Bowery Boys who I highly recommend to listen to! I lived in Ireland for a year and was an awful year, this experience was a little bit traumatic for me but more traumatic was to come back to Spain, I had learnt so much from the Irish that my first months in Spain were really hard to adapt to our culture and behaviour, specially about how to be a