Skip to main content

Back to school


Hello readers, it’s been a long time since the last time I wrote a post but here I am again.


Let me tell you one of the reasons I’ve decided to write again, maybe it would help you!


A few months ago I had a job interview and one of the requirements was to have good English spoken and written, fortunately, I had this modest blog so I could show my skills.


This had been the first time I had been asked for it! So I’m proud to write in English although sometimes I don’t know what to write about.


So there is a thing I learned: show how good is your English even if you’re not a great writer!


I am a student from a month ago, after the job interview I wrote before I didn’t get that job (not for my English but it was for other reasons) and unfortunately, I lost my job for a cyber attack to the company (yes, this is for another post!) so I decided to try to study again.


As an adult student, I’ve found lots of difficulties, the first one is to study every day, our brain is a  big muscle and it needs to work out, another difficulty and I can’t understand why I’ve got this issue is to speak in front of the class. 




I mean, I’m not a shy person actually, I’m a talkative and extrovert person but getting back to school makes me feel uncomfortable. When I was a child I didn’t like going to school but I finished my studies in my older twenties…  I’ve spent most of my life in classes!


This is not a huge problem to continue my studies, after the COVID-19 situation in my country there aren’t as many opportunities as were before of all this chaos. Even this year have been more students than in other years.


But not everything is bad, I love going to my high school riding my motorbike, I feel like an adult when I’m there because my motorbike is cooler and with bigger cylinder capacity than the other’s motorbikes. Something good had to have this situation!


Never is too late to study again, even this is not the first time I try to study something new, during the last five years I studied, just a few months, in different areas like when I started to study mechanic’s or even programming, this last was last year and I found how much I love languages, I enjoyed trying to understand IT languages like Java, or read other ones like HTML or CSS, but these two are not programming languages as well as Python.


I’ve been many years trying to find what I really like, so I tried different things. 


Is not always easy, currently is hard to study with the “bubble classes”, one class is divided into two groups so you don’t know neither see your classmates, even the rhythm of the classes is different for both groups, for this reason, I try to keep calm, to be nice with me because is so easy to get frustrated and think about to give up…


If you are in a similar situation and you would like to explain it here, do it! Feel as if it’s your home.


Regards,




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living with technologies

  Hello readers! Winter is not coming, winter has arrived and has come like a hurricane… Brrr…! What’s the topic of the day? Life with technology. Before I met my husband I was like a boomer with technology, even for many years I used old and unfashioned mobiles without Whatsapp (Oh dude, that were really good times!). I didn’t know about smartwatches or personal assistants like Alexa. The only thing I own was an iPad and it was really useful because I bought it when I was living in Madrid and then moved to Ireland, so I kept in touch with my family through this device. And a few months of our marriage came to our house the first Alexa. Alexa is a voice-controlled intelligent personal assistant service, you can ask it orders like turn the lights on or to listen to music apart of a lot of things. This device changed the perception of new technologies I used to have, as I thought the robots will dominate the world and we will live like in the Sci-Fi films where humans are poor slaves of

A method to organize your life in 2021

  Hello readers and Happy New Year! What's your 2021 like? I hope you've had a good start! I have been a diary writer lover since I was a child who used to write in personal diaries, it is a way to express my feelings, to clarify ideas and a way to keep memories forever.       Even as an adult I continue to write about my feelings, about how to solve certain situations such as work change or simply to clarify my mind.      If I have learned something very important during this last 2020, it was writing about everything:  Things that are hurting me. Organize my economy.  The clothes I have, and how many times have I worn them. Everything that'll help me improve my life.      A lot of years ago, I didn't write about all these things, I didn't even use an agenda so my daily routine was different depending on my mood, and to be honest, discipline isn't one of my best friends, so I got into trouble constantly, felt like it was a disaster and my life was so hard that

A little bit of Irish stories and Ireland history

Hello readers, if is someone reading this! How is going your quarantine time? Mine is not as productive as I’ve imagined, but some days are better than others, so let’s enjoy the good days. Today I haven’t done too much but I have watched a lot of contents, first of all let me explain that I love watching documentaries and more over to listen to podcasts, this last is something new for me, actually I began to listen to podcasts about one and half year ago. My favourite topics are crime stories, reviews and information about films and history. A few days ago I listened to a podcast about the arrival of the Irish to America, a podcast made by The Bowery Boys who I highly recommend to listen to! I lived in Ireland for a year and was an awful year, this experience was a little bit traumatic for me but more traumatic was to come back to Spain, I had learnt so much from the Irish that my first months in Spain were really hard to adapt to our culture and behaviour, specially about how to be a